Monday 4 February 2013

Pajama Cardinalfish

I thought I best do another fish. Fish are so tricky to get a photo of though, except these guys...


The Pajama Cardinalfish, known to super enthusiasts as Sphaeramia nematoptera. I have three main reasons why I dig these fish.

Reason One- The common name. "Pajama", it's a great word and enjoyable to say.

Reason Two- Their body. It looks like someones chopped up three different fish and stuck a head, a body, and a tail from the three different fish together.

Reason Three- They stay still when I want to take a photo.

You'll notice there are quite a few of these in our Coral Crest tank, they're social fishes even if they do look miserable.

These are a staple to most aquariums, I usually spot about 20 when I'm visiting another aquarium. They're a relatively hardy tropical fish species, pretty peaceful, like to be in groups, stay still and can be seen!

I can think of another reason why I dig these fish, the males incubate the eggs in their mouths. Neat!

Not the information you were looking for? Try Fishbase.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.