Thursday 20 December 2012

Achilles Tang



What is there to say about the Achilles Tang that hasn't been said a million times before in passing conversation? Known to scientists and uber nerds as Acanthurus achilles, the Achilles Tang is a pretty attractive fish. Like many reef fish, they are herbivores, meaning they will mainly eat algae. Look at its little mouth, that little mouth isn't going to bite into another fish... (unless that other fish is dead and rotting and they're particularly hungry that day). I can't say that our achilles tang have ever displayed a memorable personality, so as much as I'd like to share stories and tales about our times together I can't. That's not to say I think less of this fish for it. Fish are fish, some I personify and believe we are buds, others I feed and we don't talk much.

Not the information you were looking for? Try fishbase.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.